I recorded and edited this episode yesterday but got stressed out about the election enough that I didn’t post. It seems pointless and meaningless to even put this up now, but I guess… life… goes on?
In this Interlude, you get to listen to a song off Blackberry Tongues latest EP put out in July, hear about Icelandic women’s protest about the unfair wage gap this past October, and a little bit about the Newsweek story on War on Women, which Grrl on Grrl listener Molly sent me.
Let’s build a Grrl on Grrl community! Start posting cool links, feminist resources, news stories, or anything else you’d think I or other Grrl on Grrl listeners will be interested. You can post them on our Facebook page, shoot me an email, or send a tweet! I might even mention you in future episodes!
Question of the month: How has your gender, class, and race affected your work environment? Shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on Facebook or Twitter! I may share your thoughts on future episodes.
Download from Libsyn [9 minutes, 8.6MB]
Unfair Wage Gap
- This segment based on this New York Times blog post: “Women in Iceland protest country’s 14 percent pay gap by leaving work 14 percent early“
- The Date Women Stop Being Paid in Europe (Expert Market)
- The Simple Truth about the Gender Pay Gap (Fall 2016) (AAUW)
Blackberry Tongues The Jackals EP
- Find The Jackals on Bandcamp
- Featured song is “Canine in your goldmine”
War on Women
- Thanks to Molly T for sharing this link with me on Facebook!
- “War on Women Fuses Feminism and Hardcore Punk” (Newsweek)